Re: WIP: CoC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brian Dunavant
Subject Re: WIP: CoC
Date
List pgsql-general
>> "3)  A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is
>> free of negative personal criticism directed at a member of a
>> community, rather than at the technical merit of a topic."
>>

> A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is free
> of non-technical or personal comments related to gender, sexual orientation,
> disability, physical appearance, body size or race.

Between these two I still prefer my wording here because it
encompasses all personal attacks regardless of topic or type and
avoids hot-button words that distract from the point and can be used
for lawyering.  It also emphasizes the desired behavior instead, that
criticism should be about the technical merit of the topic.  "Don't be
a jerk, and stick to the code."  Maybe even rewording it to be a
positive instead of a negative would improve it further.

"A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is one
that focuses on the technical merit of ideas and solutions rather than
on the person behind them."