Re: RAM of Postgres Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: RAM of Postgres Server
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/7/2016 10:32 PM, Sachin Srivastava wrote:
> We are looking at more like 500-600 connections simultaneously in 1
> day and I want to say we get 10000 to 12000 connections a day per db.

these applications, are they hammering queries, or mostly idle, and just
issuing intermittent queries?

500 queries at the same time will cause serious resource thrashing with
32 cores.   if they are mostly idle, you should look at the pgbouncer
style connection pooling model, as Ben suggests