Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016/01/06 13:07, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Amit Langote
>>
>> Patch 4_database_catalog_tenancy_v5 fails to apply:
>
> May be you missed to apply the 3_shared_catalog_tenancy_v4 path,
> because 4_database_catalog_tenancy_v5 patch depends on it.

Oops, I even missed patches 1 and 2 at all.

> Here I attached all the patches for your convenience, I am able to
> apply all patches in the order without any problem.

Okay, thanks!

I applied all the patches. I have a basic question. Sorry though if I've
entirely missed the point (and/or scope) of your proposal. I wonder if
something like the following should not have failed with the patch:

postgres=# CREATE POLICY class_policy ON pg_class TO PUBLIC USING
(relowner = current_user);
ERROR:  permission denied: "pg_class" is a system catalog

Is there no support yet for user-defined catalog policies?

Regards,
Amit