Re: Charging for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Charging for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/6/2016 8:25 AM, FarjadFarid(ChkNet) wrote:
> Music industry is a good example where too low charges has damaged it. People in the industry will tell you that not
enoughyoung talent are coming through the system. I do agree that there is some corruption but there is no escaping the
factthat the industry's turn over has seen a massive decline.

thats a terrible example.   'the music industry' are leaches on the
talent.    young talent has chosen to stay OUT of their 'industry'
because the industry sucks them dry.

there's TONS of young talent out there performing, its just not
mainstream commercial crap.   much of it is self produced, by extremely
talented musicians who have intentionally chosen to stay as far away
from the 'music industry' as possible, earning their income by touring
and direct CD and merchandise sales.