Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016/01/06 10:17, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Haribabu Kommi
>>
>> Thanks for the test. Yes, the issue happens at backend startup itself.
>> I will give a try by separating the initialization of security
>> policies after init phase 3.
>
> Here I attached updated patches with the fix of infinite recursion in
> RelationBuildRowSecurity function by checking with a variable that
> whether the build row security is already in progress for a system
> relation or not. If it is already in progress for a relation, then it doesn't
> build the row security description for this relation.

Thanks for updating the patch.

Patch 4_database_catalog_tenancy_v5 fails to apply:

patching file src/backend/commands/policy.c
Hunk #3 succeeded at 112 with fuzz 2 (offset 3 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 269 with fuzz 1 (offset 13 lines).
Hunk #7 FAILED at 466.
Hunk #9 succeeded at 607 with fuzz 2 (offset 22 lines).
Hunk #10 succeeded at 633 with fuzz 2 (offset 22 lines).
Hunk #11 FAILED at 801.
Hunk #12 FAILED at 813.
src/backend/commands/policy.c.rej

Thanks,