Re: How do I implement a .XSD in Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brar Piening
Subject Re: How do I implement a .XSD in Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
ERR ORR schrieb:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I need to import some DB schemas which are defined in .XSD (a XML
> derivative) format.
> I've googled about this but have found no satisfactory answer. Perhaps I
> just don't know what exactly to ask Google.

Perhaps you are talking about the xsd definition of strongly typed datasets?
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/esbykkzb(v=vs.110).aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/84sxtbxh(v=vs.110).aspx

Those can be used to create a Dataset in .Net which is something like an
in-memory representation of a database but are not intended to be the
source of a database schema.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zb0sdh0b(v=vs.110).aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3b4194wc(v=vs.110).aspx

> So please:
> - What tool can I use in order to import .XSD schema definitions into
> Postgresql 9.4.5?
> - If there is no tool, can you please direct me to a document at least
> hinting at how to import a .XSD schema into a DB?

If my guess was correct, there might be tools out there but as I stated
this is not what these files are usually made for.

http://xsd2db.sourceforge.net/