Re: Per-column collation, work in progress - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Per-column collation, work in progress
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> We already have TypeName as a structure that contains type and typmod
> (and collation, in my patch).  We could make that a primnode instead of
> a parsenode, and use it in more places, or we could make a new leaner
> structure that only contains the numeric info.

TypeName per se is completely inappropriate for use beyond the first
stage of parsing, because it requires catalog lookups to make any sense
of.  I think the post-parsing representation should still start with a
type OID.  I can agree with replacing typmod with a struct, though.