Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/13/2016 05:51 AM, aws backup wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> thank you for the answer.
> There is one password for the postgres database and one for the postgres user.

How are you determining this?

More to the point are you talking about the application(DaVinci Resolve)
or the database itself?

> Both are not working somehow. Is there a way to look up the passwords? I saw in the documentation that there is a
.pgpassfile. But I can't find it.

That is optional and I sort of doubt the application using one.

> I changed the auth method to trust for all users. This worked for now.
> Thank you.
>
> Best Regards,
> Robert
>

>> On 12 Nov 2016, at 23:31, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/12/2016 01:20 PM, aws backup wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I try to make pg_dumpall backups from a PostgreSQL 9.5 server which is part of the DaVinci Resolve 12.5.3 App on a
MacOS X 10.11.6 system.