Re: PgJDBC: code reformat - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: PgJDBC: code reformat
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 28/12/15 03:03, Dave Cramer wrote:
> +1 for Gavin's suggestion
> and yes I think mandatory braces are required

When I started programming (back in 1968), I thought that indenting and
the like was a waste of time, as I had to explicitly punch every single
space onto punched cards,  But as my programs became more complicated, I
found my code hard to read (even with my then good eyesight). Later when
I started indenting, I found my code far easier to read & understand, so
I am extremely conscious of the value of white space - also very glad
the modern IDE's don't force you to type every single space and manually
assure that code is indented properly!!!

I always use brackets for if statements, as it make it much easier to
add additional lines without accidentally introducing a programming bug.

Cheers,
Gavin

> Dave Cramer
>
> davec@postgresintl.com <mailto:davec@postgresintl.com>
> www.postgresintl.com <http://www.postgresintl.com>
>
> On 27 December 2015 at 09:01, Gavin Flower
> <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz <mailto:GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>>
> wrote:

[...]