Re: JDBC and positioned updates - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Hédi HACHENI
Subject Re: JDBC and positioned updates
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

We cannot use the updatable result set technique since we support multiple databases so we want to use the AINSI syntax with the CURRENT OF cursor_name.

We tried to implement the java.sql.Statement#setCursorName(String) and the  java.sql.ResultSet#getCursorName() methods so that we can set the cursor name of an SQL statement. But, it seems to be more complicated than that we expected since the database server always says  "cursor "name" does not exist"

What we did is to change a little bit the implementation of the org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl in a way that we can define a cursor name for an SQL statement. We tried to inject this in the org.postgresql.core.v3.Portal class but we did not succeed.

Any ideas ?

Best regards