Re: Compiler warnings fix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Compiler warnings fix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> There are same warning on vaquita in buildfarm.
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=vaquita&dt=2009-01-26%20210011&stg=make

> Wouldn't we be better off using defined(ENABLE_NLS) instead of
> defined(LC_MESSAGES) ?

No, because the purpose of that #if is to prevent choking on the
references to LC_MESSAGES if it's not defined.  Whether ENABLE_NLS
is defined is 100% orthogonal to that.

Given the current usage it seems that the only way to avoid the
"'IsoLocaleName' defined but not used" warning is to compile it
conditionally on LC_MESSAGES as well as WIN32.  I agree that's
kind of ugly, but that's what the usage is.