Re: Postgresql streaming replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: Postgresql streaming replication
Date
List pgsql-admin
> On May 28, 2024, at 8:50 AM, Prasanth <dbadmin@pangburngroup.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are running postgresql 16 on debian 12. I tried to create a hot standby on a different server that is running alma
linux9.  After doing the backbackup and starting the server seems like the replication is going fine. When I tried to
loginto the standby to run some queries got the below message. Postgresql is installed using rpm.

> DETAIL:  The database was created using collation version 2.36, but the operating system provides version 2.34.
> HINT:  Rebuild all objects in this database that use the default collation and run ALTER DATABASE database_name
REFRESHCOLLATION VERSION, or build PostgreSQL with the right library version.

Yep. Different versions of Linux changed collation rules in the glibc locale implementations. You will not be able to
dostreaming replication between those two Linux versions with those two builds of PostgreSQL. You will have to either:

- get Linux versions with same (or close enough) glibc versions

- figure out how to build PostgreSQL yourself with a compatible version