Re: Re: ERROR while creating new user - could not open relation mapping file global/pg_filenode.map - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Re: ERROR while creating new user - could not open relation mapping file global/pg_filenode.map
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 12/03/2015 12:55 PM, Sribeiro wrote:
> Ok I stopped and restarted the Postgres Server.
>
> Then I navigated to the directory of my RoR application and tried to run the
> final 2 steps from the information I was following
> https://launchschool.com/blog/how-to-install-postgresql-on-a-mac
>
> Upon running the rake db:create:all command, I get:
> /FATAL:  role "serge" does not exist/
>
> Since this is a different error than i would get previously, I hope its a
> good sign.

Yes it is, you have made contact with the database and it is telling you
that serge does not exist as a database user. Per my previous
instructions try some commands with psql first. Right now we need to
establish what is possible before getting to the RoR stage. My general
experience is that if you can't do something with psql then going any
further is not productive.

So in terminal:

psql -d postgres -U postgres