Re: Contest: Theme, Slogan for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gilberto Castillo
Subject Re: Contest: Theme, Slogan for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

> On 06/05/14 11:12, Gilles Darold wrote:
>> Le 06/05/2014 00:43, Josh Berkus a écrit :
>>> All:
>>>
>>> We need a theme and a slogan for the 9.4 release in order to reach a
>>> lot
>>> of developers.  That is, something which summarizes what the 9.3
>>> release
>>> is "about".
>>>
>>> Since I'm completely out of ideas, I've convinced Mark Wong to donate
>>> one of his irresistable Chelniks as a prize for whomever can come up
>>> with a good, catchy theme and slogan idea for the 9.4 release which we
>>> can pick and run with.  You don't need to design the art for this, just
>>> provide the text and some ideas.
>>>
>>> Chelnik:  http://pdxpug.wordpress.com/category/chelnik/
>>>
>>> Example good themes include:
>>>
>>> 9.0: Replication Made Easy
>>>
>>> 9.2: Racecar-like Performance
>>>
>> Why not :
>>
>>    * PostgreSQL 9.4, extending NoSQL capabilities
>>
>> if this is the main feature we want to put ahead ?
>>
> "PostgreSQL 9.4, extending_*/NoSQL/*_  capabilities"
>
> Hey, PostgreSQL does not use SQL!  I want a REAL database!  :-)

9.4: We approach the unimaginable.

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba
---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>