Re: Contest: Theme, Slogan for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: Contest: Theme, Slogan for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 06/05/14 11:12, Gilles Darold wrote:
Le 06/05/2014 00:43, Josh Berkus a écrit :
All:

We need a theme and a slogan for the 9.4 release in order to reach a lot
of developers.  That is, something which summarizes what the 9.3 release
is "about".

Since I'm completely out of ideas, I've convinced Mark Wong to donate
one of his irresistable Chelniks as a prize for whomever can come up
with a good, catchy theme and slogan idea for the 9.4 release which we
can pick and run with.  You don't need to design the art for this, just
provide the text and some ideas.

Chelnik:  http://pdxpug.wordpress.com/category/chelnik/

Example good themes include:

9.0: Replication Made Easy

9.2: Racecar-like Performance

Why not :
 * PostgreSQL 9.4, extending NoSQL capabilities

if this is the main feature we want to put ahead ?

"PostgreSQL 9.4, extending NoSQL capabilities"
Hey, PostgreSQL does not use SQL!  I want a REAL database!  :-)

Cheers,
Gavin