Recovering from a corrupt database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dhaval Shah
Subject Recovering from a corrupt database
Date
List pgsql-general
I am testing postgres for HA and at one stage I could not start the
db. I get the following message:

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2007-02-22 16:07:51 PST
LOG:  could not open file "pg_xlog/00000001000000000000000B" (log file
0, segment 11): No such file or directory
LOG:  invalid primary checkpoint record
LOG:  could not open file "pg_xlog/00000001000000000000000B" (log file
0, segment 11): No such file or directory
LOG:  invalid secondary checkpoint record
PANIC:  could not locate a valid checkpoint record
LOG:  startup process (PID 21951) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
LOG:  logger shutting down

I think files from pg_xlog got removed. I am trying to start the db,
but fails with the above message. How do I recover and come to a point
where I can start the database? I do have the schema dump avl. so once
it is started, I can restore it back. I just need it to start to a
point where I can connect to it and possibly create/drop db.

Thanks in advance!
Dhaval Shah