Re: Sorting Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Maksim Likharev
Subject Re: Sorting Problem
Date
Re: Sorting Problem  (Dennis Björklund <db@zigo.dhs.org>)
List pgsql-general
If you are talking about everything that lies under so called LATIN-1 (
ISO-8859-1 )
en_US encapsulates ( at least suppose to ) all those sorting rules,
do not remember about accents tho.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy zhu [mailto:Kathy.zhu@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 4:43 PM
To: gearond@cvc.net
Cc: Tom Lane; Tim Edwards; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Sorting Problem

This brings up another question:

Say initdb with en_US locale, and we have localized strings for
different
languages store in the db.

If we have a client in Germany, and want to see the text sorted in
german. I
mean that we want do db soring for german strings and display the result
in the
browser. How are we going to handle that ??

thanks,
kathy