Re: connect to C - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: connect to C
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 11/12/2015 4:11 AM, Hiep Pham wrote:
>  I have a question. Can i connect C program to postgresql in windows?
> If can, Can you introduce me step by step the way for connecting?

include the libpq-fe.h file, link your program with libpq.dll, and make
the various libpq calls to connect to the database and issue queries,
see chapter 31 in the online manual...
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq.html

the specific details for how you compile and link are, of course,
specific to the C compiler toolset you're using.   the required .h and
.dll files are installed with the postgres installer packages for
windows, the include file is in D:\PostgreSQL\9.3\include (replace
prefix with where you installed it), and the dll and .lib file for
linking are in D:\PostgreSQL\9.3\lib