Re: postgres.conf - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: postgres.conf
Date
List pgsql-novice
--- jennifer llerena <jenniferllerena@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>   I want to change the next values of max_connections, work_men, shared_buffers, and other
> parameters in postgres.conf.
>
>   Is there a store procedure to achive this goal?

I am not sure what you mean by "stored procedure".  Basically, (as I understand it) you have three
kinds of variable in the postgresql conf.

1) default variables that can be changed during server in run-time via the PSQL set command.
2) variables that can be changed with a SIGHUP (Signal Hang-Up) the server remains live and the
variables are refreshed from the postgresql.conf
3) variables that required the server to be completely restarted.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/runtime-config-resource.html

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.