Re: pg_shmem_allocations view - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_shmem_allocations view
Date
Re: pg_shmem_allocations view
List pgsql-hackers
> I thought you were printing actual pointer addresses.  If you're just
> printing offsets relative to wherever the segment happens to be
> mapped, I don't care about that.

Well, that just means that it's not an *obvious* security risk.

I still like the idea of providing something comparable to
MemoryContextStats, rather than creating a SQL interface.  The problem
with a SQL interface is you can't interrogate it unless (1) you are not
already inside a query and (2) the client is interactive and under your
control.  Something you can call easily from gdb is likely to be much
more useful in practice.