Re: [BUGS] BUG #14720: getsockopt(TCP_KEEPALIVE) failed: Option not supported by protocol - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14720: getsockopt(TCP_KEEPALIVE) failed: Option not supported by protocol
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> What about defining a PG_TCP_KEEPALIVE instead?

I thought about that, but it would complicate constructing the elog
messages, so I didn't bother.  It might be worth working harder if
we ever grow any more alternatives.

> Side note: Windows has something with a different set of options:
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms740476(v=vs.85).aspx

Yeah, the Windows part of that code is a real mess.  But it works
as far as I've heard.