Re: Configure Different Databases on One Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Longwill
Subject Re: Configure Different Databases on One Server
Date
List pgsql-general
Mr. Pierce, others,

I spoke too soon on this.  I'd like to do your alter database.. command
but it isn't working.  I've tried:

postgres=# ALTER DATABASE ddev2 SET autovacuum = off;

both as 'postgres' user, and the ddev2 owner user (which has owner
privs), and I'm always getting this error:

ERROR:  parameter "autovacuum" cannot be changed now

I've checked some documentation, tried many variations of the command,
(e.g. = off, false, 0, etc.) tried other variations as well.  As you can
see in the above example, I'm connected to 'postgres' database.  I tried
'ddev2' also, etc. The above error is *always* the response.

I'm certain that there are no other user sessions in this database.

So.. what are the magic words?   Thanks again!

--
Jim Longwill