Re: Allow some recovery parameters to be changed with reload - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sergei Kornilov
Subject Re: Allow some recovery parameters to be changed with reload
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

> Currently when restore_command is not set, archive recovery fails
> at the beginning. With the patch, how should we treat the case where
> retore_command is reset to empty during archive recovery? We should
> reject that change of restore_command?

Good point. I think we should reject that change. But (AFAIC) I cannot use GUC check callback for this purpose, as only
thestartup process knows StandbyModeRequested. I think it would be appropriate to call validateRecoveryParameters from
StartupRereadConfig.As side effect this add warning/hint "specified neither primary_conninfo nor restore_command" in
standbymode in appropriate configuration state. Not sure about the rest checks in validateRecoveryParameters, maybe
it'sa wrong idea to recheck them here and I need to separate these checks into another function.

regards, Sergei
Attachment