Re: best way to determine start of new statement within a function? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: best way to determine start of new statement within a function?
Date
Re: best way to determine start of new statement within a function? (resend)  (elein <elein@norcov.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Specifically I'd like to reset a variable within my PL/R interpreter
> each time a new SQL statement begins.

Define "new SQL statement".  In particular, what of a PL function
executing multiple SQL statements inside an outer SQL statement that
invoked the function?  Unless you've got a clear idea of the semantics
you want, it's not going to be very profitable to discuss
implementations ...