Re: Recursive Arrays 101 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: Recursive Arrays 101
Date
List pgsql-general
On 27/10/15 11:18, David Blomstrom wrote:
> I pasted this into the shell...
>
> CREATE ROLE david
> LOGIN
> CREATEDB;
>
> CREATE DATABASE GeoZoo2
> OWNER david;
>
> and I did it again, replacing LOGIN with my password, but when I
> refresh pgAdmin III, there are no new databases.
>
> And when I paste this in, it doesn't create a table...
>
> CREATE TABLE public.gz_life_mammals2
> (
>   id            int PRIMARY KEY,
>   taxon         text UNIQUE NOT NULL,
>   parent        text NOT NULL,
>   slug          text,
>   name_common   text,
>   plural        text,
>   extinct       smallint NOT NULL,
>   rank          smallint NOT NULL,
>   key           smallint NOT NULL
> );
You can list all the databases with '\l' and the tables with '\dt' in
psql, for example:

$ psql
psql (9.4.4)
Type "help" for help.

gavin=> \l
                                        List of databases
         Name        |   Owner    | Encoding |   Collate |    Ctype
|   Access privileges
--------------------+------------+----------+-------------+-------------+-----------------------
  gavin              | gavin      | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
  greeter_quickstart | jboss_dev  | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
  jboss_dev_db       | jboss_dev  | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
  jboss_sys_db       | jboss_sys  | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
  jboss_test_db      | jboss_test | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
  mydb               | mydb_admin | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
  pgsp2ed            | gavin      | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
  postgres           | postgres   | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
  postgresql_book    | gavin      | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
  template0          | postgres   | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8
| =c/postgres          +
                     |            |          | |             |
postgres=CTc/postgres
  template1          | postgres   | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8
| =c/postgres          +
                     |            |          | |             |
postgres=CTc/postgres
(11 rows)

gavin=> \c pgsp2ed
You are now connected to database "pgsp2ed" as user "gavin".
pgsp2ed=> \dt
                   List of relations
  Schema |           Name           | Type  |  Owner
--------+--------------------------+-------+----------
  public | accounts                 | table | gavin
  public | application_settings_new | table | gavin
  public | application_settings_old | table | gavin
  public | fiverow                  | table | gavin
  public | fiverows                 | table | gavin
  public | fruit                    | table | gavin
  public | fruit_in_stock           | table | gavin
  public | fruit_offer              | table | gavin
  public | modified_table           | table | gavin
  public | modify_test              | table | gavin
  public | my_data                  | table | gavin
  public | name                     | table | gavin
  public | names                    | table | gavin
  public | namex                    | table | gavin
  public | notify_test              | table | gavin
  public | original_database        | table | gavin
  public | original_user            | table | gavin
  public | salary                   | table | fred
  public | salary_change_log        | table | fred
  public | test                     | table | postgres
  public | test1                    | table | gavin
  public | test2                    | table | gavin
  public | test3                    | table | gavin
  public | tmp_setting              | table | gavin
  public | word                     | table | gavin
(25 rows)

pgsp2ed=> \q
$

Cheers,