Re: cannot detect too many clients - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: cannot detect too many clients
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I have a fatal error message while connecting more than 32 users using
> current:

>     Aug 29 11:25:18 srapc1474 postgres[12189]: [1] FATAL 1:
>     ProcGetNewSemIdAndNum: cannot allocate a free semaphore

> rather than a more informative message:

>        Sorry, too many clients already

> Does anynbody know what's happening?

Ugh.  I thought I'd tested that.  The problem is that it runs out of
semaphores before noting that there's no free slots in the PROC array
(which is where the "more informative" message was supposed to come
out).  Need to rearrange the order of operations, or some such.
Will fix.