Re: BUG #13687: bug in row_to_json function with '-infinity' timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: BUG #13687: bug in row_to_json function with '-infinity' timestamp
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2015-10-19 17:31, Tom Lane wrote:
> Степан Перлов <stepanperlov@gmail.com> writes:
>> In postgresql 9.3 it returns '-infinity'.
>
> So I see.  Apparently we broke something during 9.4 devel.

Yeah it's the commits c00c3249e and bda76c1c8. First one changed the
output to not use to_char so that we could produce correct ISO timestamp
and disallowed the infinity altogether, the second added custom handling
for infinity, but the code does not differentiate between negative and
positive infinity. I think the json code does not need to have custom
handling of infinity but could just call the EncodeSpecialTimestamp() if
it was exported from the timestamp module.

--  Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/ PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services