Re: a raft of parallelism-related bug fixes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: a raft of parallelism-related bug fixes
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 10/17/2015 06:17 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> However, I'm pretty sure that we don't want to switch the *entire*
> buildfarm to using lots of unnecessary parallelism.  What we might be
> able to do is have some critters that people spin up for this precise
> purpose.  Just like we currently have CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS buildfarm
> members, we could have GRATUITOUSLY_PARALLEL buildfarm members.  If
> Andrew is willing to add buildfarm support for that option and a few
> people are willing to run critters in that mode, I will be happy -
> more than happy, really - to put the test code into committable form,
> guarded by a #define, and away we go.

If all that is required is a #define, like CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS, then no
special buildfarm support is required - you would just add that to the
animal's config file, more or less like this:
     config_env =>     {         CPPFLAGS => '-DGRATUITOUSLY_PARALLEL',     },

I try to make things easy :-)

cheers

andrew