Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Date
Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015/10/14 17:31, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> As KaiGai-san also pointed out before, I think we should address this in
> each of the following cases:
>
> 1) remote qual (scanrelid>0)
> 2) remote join (scanrelid==0)

As for #2, I updated the patch, which uses a local join execution plan
for an EvalPlanQual rechech, according to the comment from Robert [1].
Attached is an updated version of the patch.  This is a WIP patch, but
it would be appreciated if I could get feedback earlier.

For tests, apply the patches:

foreign-recheck-for-foreign-join-1.patch
usermapping_matching.patch [2]
add_GetUserMappingById.patch [2]
foreign_join_v16_efujita.patch [3]

Since that as I said upthread, what I'd like to discuss is changes to
the PG core, I didn't do anything about the postgres_fdw patches.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoaAzs0dR23R7PTBseQfwOtuVCPNBqDHxeBo9Gi+dMxj8w@mail.gmail.com