Re: plpython is broken for recursive use - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: plpython is broken for recursive use
Date
Re: plpython is broken for recursive use  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/15/2015 01:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think this means that we should get rid of proc->globals and instead
> manufacture a new globals dict locally in each call to PLy_exec_function
> or PLy_exec_trigger.  For SETOF functions it would be necessary to keep
> the globals dict reference somewhere in the FunctionCallInfo struct,
> probably.  Not sure about cleaning up after an error that occurs between
> SETOF callbacks --- we might need plpython to grow an at-abort callback to
> do decref's on unreleased dicts.

Don't people currently specifically treat the state of the globals dict
as a feature?  That is, make use of the fact that you can store
session-persistent data in it?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.