Re: [HACKERS] pg_regress breaks on msys - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_regress breaks on msys
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I checked on MinGW and system() just returns the value returned by the
> application.  There isn't any special two-values-in-one layering like is
> done on Unix for wait() and the return value from system().  It seems if
> the child dies from a signal, the parent dies too, at least in my C
> tests.

The cases that I think we most need to defend against are

(A) diff program not found

(B) diff fails to read one of the input files

I think your proposal handles case B, because diff should return exit
code 2 which we will detect, but what happens in case A?  Please test it.

            regards, tom lane