Re: How can I use crosstab functons in PostgreSQL 9.3? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Clarke
Subject Re: How can I use crosstab functons in PostgreSQL 9.3?
Date
List pgsql-general
Looks to me like argument types possibly? The article creates various
combinations of crosstab() function but you are passing in a query. Wrap
your query in quotes (and then escape those within it). Then you'll be
passing in a "text" type not an "unknown" as the error clearly shows.

Tim Clarke

On 15/10/15 15:19, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rob Richardson <RDRichardson@rad-con.com> writes:
>> I am trying to learn about crosstab functions in ProgreSQL 9.3, but none of the examples I’ve found are working.
Iget errors claiming the functions are unknown, but when I try running CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc, I am told that its
methodsalready exist.