Re: Installing plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Installing plpython3u
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/15/2015 03:21 AM, Dario Beraldi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems installing plpython3u, this is my situation:
> I have installed postgresql-9.3.5 in my home directory, from source. I
> used (from my memory, it might not be exact)
>
> ./configure --prefix=$HOME;
> make;
> make install
>
> Now I need to upload a database which requires plpython3u, and this is
> what happens:
>
> pg_restore -U berald01 -d sblab -h localhost -1 current_pg_sblab.backup.tar
>
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1590; 2612 24721
> PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpython3u dberaldi
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  could not
> access file "$libdir/plpython3": No such file or directory
>      Command was: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpython3u;
>
> If I try to create plpython3u I get:
>
> createlang plpython3u sblab
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not open
> extension control file
> "/data/sblab-home/berald01/share/postgresql/extension/plpython3u.control":
> No such file or directory
>
> I'm a bit at a loss, how do I add plpython3u?

See here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/plpython-python23.html

"Tip: The built variant depends on which Python version was found during
the installation or which version was explicitly set using the PYTHON
environment variable; see Section 15.4. To make both variants of
PL/Python available in one installation, the source tree has to be
configured and built twice."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com