Re: bugs and bug tracking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: bugs and bug tracking
Date
Re: bugs and bug tracking  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: bugs and bug tracking  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/13/2015 08:15 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 2015-10-13 16:21:54 +0200, �lvaro Hern�ndez Tortosa wrote:
>>> (50 chars for the commit summary, 72 chars line wrapping)
>
>> -1 - imo 50 chars too often makes the commit summary too unspecific,
>> requiring to read much more.
>
> I agree --- I have a hard enough time writing a good summary in 75
> characters.  50 would be awful.

The idea of writing a commit message that is useful in a number of
characters that is less than half a tweet sounds unbearable. The idea of
trying to discern what the hell a commit actually is in a number of
characters that is less than half a tweet sounds completely ridiculous.

-1 on that particular aspect.

jD

>             regards, tom lane

New rule for social situations: "If you think to yourself not even
JD would say this..." Stop and shut your mouth. It's going to be bad.