Re: Trouble setting up replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Trouble setting up replication
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/10/2015 12:02 PM, Chuck Martin wrote:
> I only find one version of pg_basebackup on the replicant server, but CentOS 7 comes with PG 9.2, so I suspect that
pg_basebackupis left over from that installation. But I’m not sure how to update that. yum update pg_basebackup did not
work.

try,  /usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/pg_basebackup -V

if you don't have that path, you'll need to install postgresql-9.3 on
it, using the PGDG yum repository at http://yum.postgresql.org...

# yum install
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.3/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-centos93-9.3-1.noarch.rpm
# yum install postgresql93

(note, the last command just installs the runtime libraries and
utilities, it does NOT install the postgresql 9.3 database server, that
is package postgresql93-server)