Re: pg_stat_statements query jumbling question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: pg_stat_statements query jumbling question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015/10/03 6:18, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 7:41 PM, Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp> wrote:
>> I know this still needs to be discussed, but I would like to submit
>> a patch for further discussion at the next CF, 2015-11.
>
> I think I already expressed this in my explanation of the current
> behavior, but to be clear: -1 from me to this proposal.

I would like to introduce queryId to pgaudit and sql_firewall extensions
to determine query groups. queryId could be useful if available in those
modules.

I think users may want to do that based on object names, because they
issue queries with the object names, not the internal object ids.

Changing queryId after re-creating the same table may make the user
gets confused, because the query string the user issue is not changed.

At least, I would like to give some options to be chosen by the user.
Is it possible and/or reasonable?

Regards,
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga@uptime.jp>