Re: Bug or feature? Timestamp parsing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug or feature? Timestamp parsing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> It appears that the ts parser will ignore any punctuation surrounding
> the special value calls.

The datetime parser ignores "extraneous" punctuation all over the place,
not only with regards to special values.  I'm hesitant to monkey with
that, because there are so many weird date formats out there.

> On the other hand, it appears that our timestamps have had this bug
> since at least 8.0, so it clearly isn't a widespread problem for most
> users.

It's had that behavior since Tom Lockhart was messing with it, maybe
even before that.