Re: using postgresql for session - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: using postgresql for session
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/07/2015 10:53 AM, Bill Moran wrote:
On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:58:04 -0600
"john.tiger" <john.tigernassau@gmail.com> wrote:

has anyone used postgres jsonb for holding session ?  Since server side
session is really just a piece of data, why bother with special
"session" plugins and just use postgres to hold the data and retrieve it
with psycopg2 ?  Maybe use some trigger if session changes?    We are
using python Bottle with psycopg2 (super simple, powerful combo) - are
we missing something magical about session plugins ?
Nothing that I'm aware of. I've worked on large projects that keep the
session data in a Postgres table with great success.

Previous job gave up on mongo and switched to postgres since it was faster, more reliable.