Copy to clipboard from ctlSQLBox on windows has line ends broken. - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Nikolai Zhubr
Subject Copy to clipboard from ctlSQLBox on windows has line ends broken.
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi all,

Just discovered this. Only applicable for ms windows probably.
Copying several lines of text to clipboard from the SQL info panel - the
one normally located in the bottom-right corner of the main pgadmin
window (not editable) - results in broken line-ends when pasting. It
used to work perfectly fine in some more older (well, ancient) versions...

Specifically, all text pasted appears as one huge single line, because
line ends seem to be all unix style (LF). (Saving such pasted text to a
file and looking at it in hex proves that LFs are there indeed instead
of CRLFs)

Now, for the SQL editor the problem does not really exist because there
is a respective preference setting, so going to menu and changing it as
appropriate helps (when copying from the editor). However, there is
apparently no preference setting for the (read-only) SQL info panel.

The problem was introduced before last release. It was present at least
in 1.18.1, maybe even earlier.

I'd appreciate if someone using ms windows confirmed the problem.

Meanwhile I'll try to see if I can fix it. I think copying to clipboard
should always use platform-default line-ends anyway...

Thank you,
Nikolai