Re: Convert number to string - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Convert number to string
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/24/2015 1:09 AM, Hengky Liwandouw wrote:

Hi,

I don’t have any idea how can I use postgres function to convert series  of number (currency) to my own string.

My string         : F G H I J K L M N  as the replacement for number : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Dozens = O

Hundreds = P

Thousands = C

Ten thousands = B

So…

200 = GP

2000 = GC

1150 = FFJO

30000 = HB

Any idea ?

going from FFJO -> 1150 is simple character substitution (assuming 'dozens' actually means tens, and not its traditional meaning of 12s).

going the other way, thats probably a good excuse for a plperl function.