Re: Docs claim that "select myTable.*" wildcard won't let you assign column names - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Docs claim that "select myTable.*" wildcard won't let you assign column names
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 09/21/2015 06:04 PM, Amir Rohan wrote:
> This belongs in the page describing SELECT, and though I've looked I haven't found it. If I'm wrong (
> I did look again just now), please correct me.

Feel free to submit a doc patch if you feel it needs to be improved, but
it is mentioned here:

 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/sql-select.html#SQL-FROM

alias

    A substitute name for the FROM item [...] If an alias is written, a
column alias list can also be written to provide substitute names for
one or more columns of the table.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com