Re: plperl/createlang issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plperl/createlang issue
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> No matter what I try, I keep getting this error:
> $ createlang plperl template1
> ERROR:  Load of file /opt/pgsql/installs/postgresql-7.3.4/lib/plperl.so
> failed: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

The error message probably does not mean what it appears to say.
The odds are that the "no such file" applies not to plperl.so itself,
but to some shared library that it depends on directly or indirectly
--- in other words, libperl.so or something that libperl depends on.
Unix dynamic loaders are *notoriously* bad about delivering useful
error messages in this sort of situation :-(

You probably need to fool with your ldconfig configuration to make
sure all of the needed libraries are in ldconfig's search path.
ldd is a useful tool for seeing how library references are being
resolved.

            regards, tom lane