Re: SHA-1 vs MD5 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
Subject Re: SHA-1 vs MD5
Date
List pgsql-sql
Thank you so much for your information. I installed the pgCrypto. Now I have more than 40 functions (i believe all are from pgcrypto) but when I try to run your query:

select encode(digest('blahblah', 'sha256'), 'hex');

I got the error:

ERROR: Cannot use "sha256": No such hash algorithm
SQL state: 22023

Any suggestion

Ezequias