Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu function when using remote pg client client. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomasz Olszak
Subject Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu function when using remote pg client client.
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings to All!

I've tried to find solution of my problem on other pg mailing lists but without bigger effect.

I have a table A in PG. There is also table A in Oracle.
I want to import specific row from oracle to pg, so i create plperlu function

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION import.ora_a_row(a_id numeric)
RETURNS dok_za AS
$BODY$

In IPL:
create_connection;
select all columns on oracle from table a where id = a_id;
returning tuple;

$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plperlu' VOLATILE;

then i can use such function in pl/pgsql;
DECLARE:
var A%ROWTYPE;
BEGIN;
select * into var from import.ora_a_row(100);
END;...

Like you see it very, very convenient.

And it works, but only when i make "select * from import.ora_a_row(100);" from psql  on postgresql server(local client).

When i try to make that select in pgadmin or from remote client I have tns error:

TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach) at line 20

I've tried with different pg servers and different perls, and differen DBI Oracle packages, so i think pg or perl versions are not causes(Of course environment variables are propably set etc.).

When I used PGADMIN 1.6 on postgresql server and left host editline blank it worked too.

Anybody ancounter this kind of problem?

I'll be grateful for any of Your help.

Regards

Tomasz