Re: Broken primary key after backup restore. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Broken primary key after backup restore.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/17/2015 04:31 PM, Michael Chau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Production, I have a DB2 which is replicated partially using Londiste
> from DB1.

Well I think the above needs more explanation to help understand how the
DB2 backup got into this state and possibly prevent it in the future.

I make file-system backups nightly on both DBs.

How is that done exactly?

> Last Monday, when I restored the backup made from DB2 to a test server,
> Postgres(9.3.5) started up fine. But, I found out that the primary key
> of one of the tables is broken
>
> # select * from <mytable> order by id desc;
> ERROR:  could not find left sibling of block 17392 in index "mytable_pkey"
>
> I am able to select without using the id index. On Prod DB1 , DB2 and on
> another test server restored from backup made from DB1, there is no
> problem, as I am able to select the table with and without index.

Did you restore to the DB2 derived test server in the same way as you
did the other servers?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com