Re: tsvector work with citext - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: tsvector work with citext
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> However, it does seem like this function is not implementing its
> specification.  Why isn't it just "IsBinaryCoercible(typid, TEXTOID)"?
Oversight, I suppose. is_text_type() was introduced by

commit 635aaab278afc1af972a4b6a55ff632ab763505d
Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Date:   Tue Apr 8 18:20:29 2008 +0000
    Fix tsvector_update_trigger() to be domain-friendly: it needs to allow all    the columns it works with to be
domainsover the expected type, not just    exactly the expected type.  In passing, fix ts_stat() the same way.    Per
reportfrom Markus Wollny.

Will fix. Suppose, is_expected_type() could be replaced to IsBinaryCoercible too.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/