Re: WIP: Rework access method interface - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: WIP: Rework access method interface
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> validate_opclass was renamed to amvalidate.

It seems to me, that amvalidate method of AM should get as argument only Oid of
operator family. Layout and meaning of amproc/amop fields are differ for
different AM and there isn't an AM which implements all possible features.

Actually, I'm a bit confused with follow piece of code (ginvalidate, for instance):
foreach(l, opclass->procedures)
{     ...     if (proc->lefttype != opclass->intype               || proc->righttype != opclass->intype)
continue;    ...

That is amproc could contain a row, which connected to some operator class but
this fact will be missed this check and may be, never used or used wrongly.

Despite these observations, I think that this work is needed.
  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/