Re: Streaming replication versus Logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Streaming replication versus Logical replication
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Nov 4, 2021, at 12:16, Alanoly Andrews <alanolya@invera.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Ninad, for the response.
> So, am I to understand that when there is a long-running query on the subscriber, the vacuumed data updates from the
publisherare held over on the subscriber until the query completes? If so, where and how are they held over, and what
doesit mean in terms of disk space (either on the publisher or on the subscriber)?

That's not quite correct.

Vacuum operations happen independently on the publisher and subscriber in logical replication.  Unlike binary
replication,changes caused by vacuuming on the publisher are not sent over to the subscriber.