Re: Fwd: Core dump with nested CREATE TEMP TABLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Fwd: Core dump with nested CREATE TEMP TABLE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/2/15 2:17 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>
>> I haven't written yet a test case but I think that we could reproduce
>> that simply by having a relation referenced in the exception block of
>> a first function, calling a second function that itself raises an
>> exception, causing the referencing error.
>
> Hm, so function 2 is called in the exception block of function 1?
>
> Are you going to produce the test case for this?  Jim?

I had attempted one but the issue is that it's more than just an
exception block thing. If it was that simple then we'd still get the
crash without involving pgTap. So I suspect you need to have a named
cursor in the mix as well.

Let me make another attempt at something simpler.