Re: WIP: Access method extendability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: WIP: Access method extendability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> In general pattern of generic WAL usage is following.
>
> 1) Start using generic WAL: specify relation

M-m, what about extensions which wants to use WAL but WAL record doesn't
connected to any relation? For example, transaction manager or kind of FDW.

> GenericXLogStart(index);
>
> 2) Register buffers
>
> GenericXLogRegister(0, buffer1, false);
> GenericXLogRegister(1, buffer2, true);
>
> first argument is a slot number, second is the buffer, third is flag indicating
> new buffer

Why do we need a slot number? to replace already registered buffer?

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/